Admissions Privacy Notice
Holy Cross Catholic Primary School is a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 2018 and is committed to dealing with your information safely and securely. We need to collect and share information in order to fulfil our obligations as an admission authority. We take our responsibility to protect your data seriously and we will use it in accordance with the legal requirements of the Data Protection Act 2018.
We will comply with the School Admissions Code, which has the force of law. In respect of in-year admissions, the London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham is the admissions authority for this school. The information you provide to us on your Supplementary Information Form (SIF), any supporting papers or appeal documentation you provide will be used to:
- Process your application
- Consider Admission Appeals.
We may also use this data for the following purposes:
- Forward planning as part of school budget, forecasting and reorganisation proposals
- To assist in the development of policy proposals
- For the prevention and/or detection of crime or fraud
- For research and statistical purposes when we will ensure that statistics are developed in such a way that individual children cannot be identified
In order to administer admissions to this school the following information may be collected by us:
- Name and date of birth
- Address where the child ordinarily lives at the time of application, which will be used for distance calculation purposes
- Supplementary information i.e. information on religious affiliation and status
- Parent name and contact details
- Details of baptism and/or Catholic practice
- Information on parish of residence.
Agencies we will share the information with:
- The Department for Education, to comply with statutory data collections
- The LA, to verify the information provided so that the admission scheme\process can be accurately administered
- Admission Appeal panels
- The Schools Adjudicator, in response to any objections raised
- In Year Fair Access Panel, where applicable, to enable them to appropriately place complex admissions
- The Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman, when investigating maladministration of school admissions and admission appeals.
School Retention Policy:
The information listed above will be retained securely by the school for 8 years, after which it will be destroyed.
For further information, please refer to the Data Protection Policy on the School website or contact: Holy Cross Catholic Primary School, Basuto Road, London SW6 4BL